Friday, October 8, 2010

Theatrical Trailer: Blue Valentine

Remember this little film? Remember nine months ago when it premiered at Sundance Film Festival, and within days there was talk that the film could be heading towards an Oscar nomination? Well, Blue Valentine is finally back in memory, just a few months before its release. I've had my own discomforts about this film, but it's always been there as a back door possibility. Once we get more reviews after the film's release, we may indeed get a resurgence. The new trailer is simple, sweet, and nicely poetic, even if the film doesn't turn out to be anything special. Although, I find it extremely distracting that this film was given an NC-17 rating by the MPAA, and I can't yet figure out why. It does make me wonder more than a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment