Monday, October 11, 2010

"How To Train Your Dragon" Sequel Coming in 2013

I'd personally like to apologize a bit to the makers of How To Train Your Dragon. Before Toy Story 3 was released, most people were under the delusion that the Dreamworks adventure could beat out Pixar this year. I've skewered this opinion in the past, but I never had anything against the film. As a matter of fact, I absolutely loved How To Train Your Dragon. By the end of the first trimester of this year, it was the only truly great film out there. I was very worried that the film wouldn't go on towards success and would probably end after this first installment, but lo and behold, it is now a franchise.

After becoming the biggest sleeper hit of the year, the folks at Dreamworks have announced the production of a sequel to be released in 2013. Dean DeBlois is set to write and direct the film from a story crafted by the creative team of himself, Chris Sanders, and Bonnie Arnold. I'm glad that they're taking their time with it, and I look forward to another visually stunning and emotionally activating installment in what may be Dreamworks' best franchise to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment