Friday, October 22, 2010

"Paranormal Activity 2" Sets New Record

I was definitely surprised by exactly how many people were at the midnight showing of Paranormal Activity 2 I attended yesterday. It turns out, I wasn't the only one. People turned out in droves to see the horror film of the year at the opportune time. One of the things that made the first film affective for some people was the feeling of unease when going to sleep afterwords. I just didn't feel that, and I didn't feel any fear going to sleep after this film. Still, it makes sense that people would head to that specific opening, and it ended up breaking the record for R-Rated midnight releases, banking a good $6.3 million. The film should do well throughout the rest of the weekend, but I think this is the one time in which people would rather not pay matinee price for a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment