Friday, October 22, 2010

The Mel Gibson-"Hangover 2" Debacle

Mel Gibson has had his hands in his fair share of debacles, and they've definitely made him a tough sell as an actor for most films. What we didn't see coming was him being denied a role in a film as ballsy as The Hangover 2. The controversial figure was close to busting out a deal to cameo as a tattoo artist in the upcoming sequel. Unfortunately for him, Todd Philips had to turn him down due to issues that members of the cast and crew had with his casting. I guess that despite his character, Zach Galifianakis has some pretty sturdy and honest morals. Though he hasn't exactly announced that he was the one with problems, but it's inferred through this statement he said in an interview:
"I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something, but I can't get the guys to [listen] ... I'm not making any leeway."
Who would have though that Galifianakis would be the one to say no? He certainly just went up a few notches in my books. Though I was worried at first that they wouldn't find a fitting replacement for Gibson, it appears that Liam Neeson is now set to fill the role. Philips certainly has my stamp of approval. What is you opinion on this issue? I want to know what you think of the entire Mel Gibson debacle, including its origins in the audio tape scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment