Monday, October 4, 2010

Zack Snyder to Helm "Superman" Reboot


I have no idea what the Christopher Nolan/David Goyer brain-meld constitutes, but I'm not that sure I want to know. A great deal of interesting names was thrown around to direct the Superman reboot that Nolan/Goyer have been working out the past year or so. From Ben Affleck to Duncan Jones to Matt Reeves (my personal bet), they were certainly some weird picks. However, the weirdest has to be the man they chose for the job: Zach Snyder. I do indeed speak of the man who brought us such adaptations as 300, Watchmen, and most recently, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.

Personally, I don't have much against Snyder's directing style, as it is quite.... stylish. The script for Owls of Ga'Hoole may have been junk, but he really did a good job translating the action to the screen. Working off a script by David Goyer and Jonathon Nolan, this could be the most visually stimulating Superman film we've seen to date. My biggest fear is that he'll bring his regular composer, Tyler Bates, along for the ride. That would be, in a word, meh. Alright, that isn't quite a word, but it sums up my feelings on the composer. I'm not entirely sure how Zack will handle the more emotional moments, but the decision is made. Who am I to criticize something that everyone apparently loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment