Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Looking for "Somewhere"

I feel like one of the films that I overlooked when listing the ones I was most highly anticipating this December was Somewhere. It felt like a film that I was simply shoving aside, which is something I didn't mean to do, because it is one of the films I'm most looking forward to at the end of this year. Something that I find so endearing about it all is that it doesn't even factor at all into the awards race this year. Nobody ever had any delusions that it would, but nobody thinks it's a bad film either. It's an intimate drama that's been made for the simple purpose of being enjoyed. It feels like people don't ever push for that sort of thing enough anymore. I might just be giving an excuse for why critics haven't placed it as an awards contender, but that's not what I've picked up. At the very least Quentin Tarantino appreciates it, so it's worth a chance. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at Sofia Coppola's production.


No comments:

Post a Comment