Friday, December 10, 2010

Tapley and Thompson Pick Their Best

You might get more than a few of these lists of other internet journalists in the next few weeks. Earlier today, Kristopher Tapley of In Contention and Anne Thompson of Thompson on Hollywood published their podcast of their 10 best films of 2010. They have a very healthy banter going on between the two of them, and it's engaging to listen to, and therefore I highly suggest that people follow this link at some point to hear it. What depresses me and I find really disconcerting is how "off the board" most of their picks were, and that's anything but an insult. I always found that to be a fantastic trait to have such a distinct taste in films, and I hope that I someday acquire that taste.

It definitely causes me to question everything I've seen this year and to reassess where my list of the best films of 2010 is presently. I obviously won't be publishing that until the very end of the year, or perhaps a few days later. There are a lot of films that I still need to see, and my list is bound to change quite a lot. Almost every hour of my day, I think about "this" was better than "that", and I keep switching things up as I settle on my opinion. I may not know what I truly think until the last minute, and even after that, I may not be entirely sure. My greatest fear is that you can guess exactly where each film will be on my list. I do hope that's not the case, and I can only hope that once things settle down, it'll become more clear. Until tomorrow, this is me signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment