Friday, December 17, 2010

Oscar 2010: 41 Original Songs Qualify

I'm sorry that I was largely out of action yesterday, but I had pretty full day of moving my stuff, and I didn't get home until 3:30. Then I had to duck out again to spend time with friends and family who I haven't seen in a while. I'm sorry you were the ones that suffered for it, so consider today the ultimate cramming of everything that's happened in that time, and there's a lot. First of all, the Academy announced the longlist for the Oscar for Original Song, and there are a good 41 songs nominated. Not all of them are fantastic, though I admit I haven't gone through all of them yet. I'll try to listen to most of them in the time I have before the nominations are announced, but no rush. Take a look, and comment below on your thoughts.

"Alice” from Alice in Wonderland
“Forever One Love” from Black Tulip
“Freedom Song” from Black Tulip
“Bound to You” from Burlesque
“Welcome to Burlesque” from Burlesque
“You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” from Burlesque
“There’s a Place for Us” from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
“Coming Home” from Country Strong
“Me and Tennessee” from Country Strong
“Despicable Me” from Despicable Me
“Prettiest Girls” from Despicable Me
“Dear Laughing Doubters” from Dinner for Schmucks
“Better Days” from Eat Pray Love
“If You Run” from Going the Distance
“Darkness before the Dawn” from Holy Rollers
“Sticks & Stones” from How to Train Your Dragon
“Le Gris” from Idiots and Angels
“Chanson Illusionist” from The Illusionist
“Never Say Never” from The Karate Kid
“To the Sky” from Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole
“What If” from Letters to Juliet
“Life during Wartime” from Life during Wartime
“Made in Dagenham” from Made in Dagenham
“Little One” from Mother and Child
“Be the One” from The Next Three Days
“If I Rise” from 127 Hours
“When You See Forever” from The Perfect Game
“I Remain” from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
“Dream Big” from Pure Country 2: The Gift
“How I Love You” from Ramona and Beezus
“Darling I Do” from Shrek Forever After
“Noka Oi” from Six Days in Paradise
“This Is a Low” from Tamara Drewe
“I See the Light” from Tangled
“Rise” from 3 Billion and Counting
“We Belong Together” from Toy Story 3
“Eclipse: All Yours” from The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
“Nothing” from Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married Too
“A Better Life” from Unbeaten
“Shine” from Waiting for "Superman"
“The Reasons Why” from Wretches & Jabberers

No comments:

Post a Comment