Wednesday, December 1, 2010

For Your Anticipation: Lose Yourself

I'm definitely more than a little concerned whenever I head into a psychological-thriller that's actually a quality film. It's frightening and disturbing, especially if you actually care about the characters. One of my weaknesses as a film critic is that when there is a character worth caring about, I run the risk of caring too much. Most people can't remember the last time they cried during a movie. I usually find a film that makes me cry at least once a month. Maybe I'm just a big crybaby, but I can sense that there is a tragedy under the surface of Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan. We've seen the groundwork being laid, such as in this intriguing clip from the film. It just needs to be unleashed, and that's what will make the difference for this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment