Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For Your Anticipation: A Mere Conventional Impediment

Apparently there have been several screen adaptations of Jane Eyre, which doesn't exactly surprise me. It seemed like the sort of film that would have been adapted already. Fortunately enough, this is the first of them that I've heard of, and it looks sublime. Even if I'm unable to gather exactly what the characters are saying at certain points, Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender are more than capable of filling the void through emotional implicity. They're two of my favorite actors as of this very moment, which puts me ahead of the curb. They're just an edge away from stardom, Fassbender especially. The director could mean less to me, because it only takes a competent job to put this material forward, which is the sort of thing I expect. Even though I still haven't a clue how this unfolds, Jane Eyre is the film I'll be eagerly pining over while it's in limited release.


No comments:

Post a Comment