Monday, March 28, 2011

For Your Anticipation: I'm Really Special

I'm really sorry, but in terms of this particular film, I'm already supremely underwhelmed, specifically with the title. You have the entire world of Easter and Rabbit related titles to pick from, not to mention the implications of the story, and you go with Hop? I know that sometimes less is more, but this just isn't doing it for me. Aside from that, I just don't quite see the purpose of this film. I get that we don't have that many Easter themed films out there, unless you count The Passion of the Christ. I think you could've done a lot more with this film if it was completely animated. The combination of live action and CG didn't work for Alvin and the Chipmunks, and it doesn't really work here. You can't quite merge the two universes believably yet, unless you have the budget James Cameron had on Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment