Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Theatrical Trailer: Fast Five

This year has been, and continues to be, a massive pile of failure. To punctuate my point, two films this past week have received moderately good reviews, yet didn't quite satisfy me. I've lightened up on Rango enough for a solid B. It's fantastic entertainment at times, even if it's a predictable slog through most of it. This weekend I'm set to see Battle: Los Angeles and Red Riding Hood, neither of which are at all promising, and neither of which will deliver. That brings me full circle to Fast Five, a trailer that lays everything simply. I can't honestly say why this series has gone on this long, but I'm quite honestly sick of it. There's no longer any logic in this franchise. There's one line by Vin Diesel in this trailer that sums everything wrong with this series. "Chances are, sooner or later, we're gonna end up behind bars or buried in a ditch somewhere. But not today." Until then, the pain goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment