Monday, March 7, 2011

Television Breakdown: "Mother" Renewed (x2)

After a season like the one this has been, this news will certainly come as a delight to fans like me. How I Met Your Mother has been renewed for not just one, but two more seasons. This news does extend the story of Ted's search for his true love another two years, so the poor guy is bound for at least two more years of disappointment. You'd think the guy would have killed himself after six years of this, but Ted certainly has persevered. So this news can be taken in one of two lights, the first being that the producers just jumped at the chance to secure another two years for their hit show. That seems a bit too simple for me, so I'd rather believe that they are setting an end date, much like Lost did. I'd say that their show should end in 2013, or else it will become suddenly terrible and go the way of Two and a Half Men. On the other hand, I doubt Jason Segel is about to go on an insane night with strippers and bimbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment