Friday, December 31, 2010

Until Another Day Begins...

Dear Audience,

It's been a good fifteen months since I started writing, and when I came to my end of the year segments last year, I didn't really have much of anything worth saying. I'd say the work I'm most proud of this year is everything I've done since August. I think I really hit my stride around that period, and the feedback has been both positive and negative. On November 16th, I woke up to a rather unfriendly post from an anonymous reader, and I haven't responded to it until now because I was worried that I'd say something crass or dumb in the emotional rush I was in. So what I have to say in response, if I have anything to say, is "Thank you. I was worried that I was losing touch with my core audience, and you gave me proof that I wasn't."

I've never expected this blog to be for the typical and cliched masses of the world, which should've been made pretty clear by my negative responses to films like Avatar, Despicable Me, and The Twilight Saga. I disagree with several opinions at times, and I'm very passionate about my own opinions. To find some random person who uses cruel and unseemly language to criticize my work doesn't surprise me. There are people who are ready to hear from my point of view, and those are the people I'm most thankful for this year. If I have a New Year's resolution of my own, it's to have my audience be even more outspoken about what they think. I want to know what you think, and I enjoy responding to your thoughts. The commentators I thank the most this year are Stuart Ross, Ana, Theo, Jose Salvador, CloudPuncher, David, and all the other anonymous readers of the site.

As for my plans for next year, I hope to punch out a few more daily posts to keep up with you guys. Yes, I have installed Jump Breaks into the site, so you'll usually see just a teaser of the article on the main page, then have to jump to the actual page. If that's too much for you, then you'll get left behind. I'd like to say I'm going to try to head out to one of the film festivals, but I doubt I'll get that sort of chance this year. Probably around March or April, I'm going to try to hire one or two more writers for the site. I'm still not sure when I'm going to decide to monetize, but it will be sometime in the next few months. I'm just worried about it unexpectedly backfiring. As for tomorrow, I'll be posting the page for my best films of 2010 sometime in the morning, and then update it by the hour with my countdown of the top ten films, starting at noon. Until tomorrow, I hope you've had a wonderful, and I wish you a Happy New Year no matter your plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment