Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Weekend Report: A Very Psychotic Holiday

We've finally reached the Christmas weekend, which worked out rather well for most films last year. Then again, they had the special boost of singing chipmunks, Robert Downey Jr., and the highest grossing film ever made. So it's needless to say that this weekend won't be as successful, but there are some advantages. We've got the wide expansion of Black Swan, which should be the main ticket for the intellectually driven audiences this weekend. On top of that, The King's Speech is moving in 600 theaters this weekend, which means that I'll finally get to see it that second time that I wanted to see months ago.

The Coen Brothers have probably got the best new release this weekend, with their western remake of True Grit starring the already relevant Jeff Bridges. I still haven't got around to seeing that one, and I may end up hauling out to see it tonight if I get the chance. It's not a likely possibility, but it kills me that I've been waiting this long. Most people are, unfortunately, going to see Little Fockers this weekend, because people don't care about being entertained anymore it seems. Same goes for Gulliver's Travels. You have plenty of real opportunities to have a good time at the movies this weekend. Don't waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment