Monday, December 13, 2010

Awards 2010: AFI Top 10 List

Well, that was almost entirely predictable of them. The American Film Institute's Top 10 List almost exactly resembles my list of predictions for the Oscar for Best Picture, except that they have Black Swan in the place where I have Another Year. Nothing shocking, but still entirely agreeable. Now, what I don't agree with at all, is the television picks. I am heartbroken to see that three of my favorite shows did not make it onto this list: Fringe, Lost, and Cougar Town. I guess it makes sense to honor some show that's been on the air for only six weeks. Sure it's fantastic, but Fringe has done so much more. This is me being angry.

AFI MOVIES OF THE YEAR
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are All Right
127 Hours
The Social Network
The Town
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone

AFI TV PROGRAMS OF THE YEAR
The Big C
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Glee
Mad Men
Modern Family
The Pacific
Temple Grandin
30 Rock
The Walking Dead

AFI SPECIAL AWARDS
The King's Speech
Waiting for "Superman"

No comments:

Post a Comment