Thursday, February 3, 2011

For Your Anticipation: You're So About To Get Spanked!

You know what the only mild comfort I have going into this weekend is? That despite the abysmal box office standings of the past month, that could all change because a James Cameron film is entering the market. Of course he didn't actually direct it, and the visual effects look occasionally terrible judging by these clips. Still, the man produced the feature, and that means that we might have another inexplicable box office success on our hands. I can't tell you what people liked about Avatar, because I don't see any reason to. Still, there must be a reason it made nearly $3 billion. I'm not saying I expect Sanctum to do anything close to those numbers. It'll be lucky if it manages more than $20 million this weekend. Just some wishful thinking.


2 comments:

  1. avatar was one of the greatest technological pieces of our time, the story was weak because he wrote it 20 years ago. that's why

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not arguing against the visual integrity of the piece, because I don't argue against the visual integrity of "Transformers". Flashy visuals are never enough to win me over on their own. I'm only curious why people decided to revisit the film so many times, because once the film is over, I'm not thinking over the visuals. I'm thinking about the story and dialogue, and it just didn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete