Friday, February 4, 2011

The Weekend Report: Locked In The Closet

I somehow had reservations set up to keep me from seeing a film that's been given mixed reviews, but when a film comes out with a certified rotten label on it, I show no hesitation. It's that sort of thing that led me into films like The Last Airbender or The Twilight Saga. As optimistic as I was at the outlook at this weekend, there really is no reason for you to head to the theaters. Case in point, The Roommate is likely to take the top spot in the box office this weekend. Any optimism in the year as it right now is undeserved, because we won't be getting to anything of outstanding quality until March at the earliest.

So, due to my inexplicable eagerness to subject myself to such films as the kind Leighton Meester dishes out, not to mention the outcome of last month's Dread Locks poll, I will be seeing The Roommate this weekend. If you're going to see one of the new releases this weekend, which I still advise against, you're probably better off going with Sanctum. I have no interest, due to disgusted reviews of the film, but 3D and James Cameron usually have a way of selling despite those disadvantages. I would suggest The Other Woman, Natalie Portman's second film this year, but reviews haven't been too kind to that one either. It looks like were back to the good old days of me being completely wrong in what I'm most anticipating. If you want to hear my suggestion, stay inside and catch up on the first three seasons of Fringe until you watch the Superbowl. That's my honest opinion, and it could work out well for you.

The Roommate
Sanctum
The Other Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment