Friday, February 18, 2011

The Weekend Report: Minimalistic Maximality

We're getting so close to a time when I can actually recommend that you get out of the house and go to the theaters again, and I'm almost getting ahead of myself. We still need to work through a bit more tedium and total crap in order to get there, which leads me to this week's array of releases. The one film that I urge you to never see if you wish to live this year untarnished is Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son. We've received some terrible films so far this year, but this one may just take the cake. If that horribly cliched phrase doesn't get through my disgust at this feature, having never even seen it,

The other two releases are up to your own divine wisdom, but recently I've been seeing parallels between I Am Number Four and a certain other teen franchise. I think it's one of the leading causes of erectile dysfunction worldwide, and it's called The Twilight Saga. Somehow an alien falling in love with a small town girl and a vampire falling in love with a small town girl aren't that different in comparison. Weird, right? If I suggest you see anything this weekend, and I suggest you see it with unbridled enthusiasm, it's Unknown. I'm not saying the film is supposed to be good, but it's supposed to be ridiculous in the best way possible. I'm quivering in anticipation at this moment. Those are your choices this weekend. Just don't see the third installment in the Big Momma saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment