Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar 2010 Open Thread: Adjusting Expectations...

Tonight's the night, and there's only an hour until the red carpet is finally set ablaze with excitement. It sucks on the benign occasion that you just can't get E!, and you can't catch the Countdown to the Red Carpet. Tonight's show is prepping to be an interesting one, definitely different from where it was last year, which was rather sloppy and pathetic. Anne Hathaway and James Franco are hosting, which could turn out great or less than that. Personally, I hope for the best, because that somewhat benefits me. There are going to be moments when I'm shouting with anger at the screen. I know that going in. I've made my point for my favorite film in the arena, but that probably won't get me far. The votes were cast at the height of The King's Speech's winning streak, so we'll just have to see how things unfold. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed so that my expectations may be met with enthusiasm. So from here on out, comment on your thoughts on the show as it unfolds. Open thread. Have at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment