Sunday, February 6, 2011

2011 Super Bowl TV Spots

I honestly couldn't care less about the outcome of the Super Bowl. I don't care about football. I don't really care about any sports. Truth be told, I don't even care about the halftime show. When all is said and done, I only tune in for the commercials, and I'm not talking about the countless senseless Doritos and Budweiser ads. The money that is spent for 30-60 seconds of ad time during the show is ridiculous, and it's always a draw for high profile film previews. Tonight that included a long list of films like Cowboys & Aliens, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. However, the one that everybody is going to be talking about until the first trailer premieres is Super 8. This is our first comprehensive look at the film, and it looks breathtaking in any classic sense of the word.



Thor was nothing new in the slightest, but our first look at Captain America: The First Avenger was slight confirmation of all of my fears. Quite honestly, Thor is looking like a sensible alternative.



I had a bit of a quarrel with a few new friends on how Cowboys & Aliens looks to them, and I was dispirited to hear them call it stupid. I doubt they'd have said that if it had a different title, and the new TV spot added onto the favorable buzz going out for the film.



Closing on a mildly hopeful note, the new TV spot for Transformers: Dark of the Moon brought the awesome flashy visuals we expected, and the hope of something better. On a slightly geekier note, THEY HAVE A ROBOT DRAGON!!!!!



Oh, and just to propel forward my support for advertisements that aren't done with mind-choking stupidity such as Doritos ads, here's the clever ad for House.


No comments:

Post a Comment