Friday, February 25, 2011

For Your Anticipation: I Want to Go Home

Last week certainly didn't inspire as much confidence as we had hoped for Fringe, especially after hitting an all time low in the ratings. I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of 6B, and it really brought out what I think are the worst qualities of the show. So what better way to counteract that than with tonight's followup to last year's mind-blowing emotional powerhouse Peter. Not only does tonight deal with the aftermath of Peter's abduction and how Walter and Elizabeth Bishop convinced him he was their son, but it also deals with Peter and Olivia's first meeting in Jacksonville, as well as Walter's experimentation on her. There's also supposed to be a sojourn to the alternate universe to see how Walternate reacted to the dilemma. This is prime emotional territory, and I love the 1985 period setting to these episodes. If this means a return of the retro title design, I'm a happy camper.


No comments:

Post a Comment