Sunday, February 20, 2011

Awards 2010: American Cinema Editors (ACE) Winners

I feel glad that now that we're past the craziness of The King's Speech dragging in an inappropriate amount of guild awards, we can finally get back to awarding what actually deserves reward, kinda. I say "kinda" because Alice in Wonderland took the award for Best Comedy Editing, and aside from the fact that it's still not a comedy, there were other more deserving films. The Kids Are All Right may be better than the whole lot, but try not to pummel me to death when I say that the editing wasn't its strong suit. I think many would agree that Scott Pilgrim vs. the World would have been far more deserving in this field, but I thought that the editing in Easy A was quite recommendable.

Inception didn't take away the Best Drama Editing award, as you could've suspected from the Oscar omission from the category. Instead they gave it to the ultimately deserving The Social Network. The rest falls cleanly into place with no surprises in the slightest. Toy Story 3 and Exit Through the Gift Shop won what they were fated to win, because there wasn't any real opposition. If anything, I now feel moderately safe with my prediction for Best Film Editing, and no longer vexed by fear of The King's Speech stealing it.

Best Drama Editing: The Social Network
Best Comedy Editing: Alice in Wonderland
Best Animated Editing: Toy Story 3
Best Documentary Editing: Exit Through the Gift Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment