Monday, December 6, 2010

For Your Anticipation: He's A Junkbag

I have made no illusions about my uneasiness when it comes to accepting The Fighter as a true Oscar contender. I never had a problem accepting Christian Bale, Amy Adams, or Melissa Leo as acting contenders, but as far as the film itself, I've never been easy enough to please. I still have massive problems with Mark Wahlberg and his acting style, but these clips give me the sort of impression that he's basically going to be played as a gullible sort of idiot who's living in a dream world, rather than an inspirational sort of figure. I doubt he'll ever get any real Oscar contention, but that's kind of the point. This will be a showcase of the supporting acting talent, and they definitely make me uncertain about who I'm siding with in this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment