Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Tree of Life" IS Coming This Year?

I think this must be the third or so post I've done on whether or not Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life will be released this year or not, but I really hope it's the last. As a matter of fact, I feel a little trepidation about mentioning it at all, as it could very well go away in a second. Apparition is supposedly looking to confirm a distribution deal for Terrence Malick's latest, and it could lead to the film being released this year. Then again, it could just fall through the ice altogether, leaving this news mute. I hope it does happen, as I'm really tired of commenting on whether or not this film will be released, and I want to get to discussing whether or not it's Oscar-worthy. People keep saying that if it's released this year then it's a lock for a nomination. We don't know anything to lead to that conclusion yet, so I'm considering that speculation nonexistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment