Sunday, September 26, 2010

Box Office Update: Yes and No

I imagine that I had a much more enjoyable time this weekend than the regular film-goer. Everyone else was out there catching disappointments, such as You Again and Wall Street 2, while I enjoyed one of the best films of the year. The insufferable two hours I had to spend afterwords was a worthy sacrifice for the time I had. This weekend also offered a chance to see either of last weekend's big releases before next weekend when The Social Network and Let Me In take over the theaters. I'm going to say that this is definitely the last week Inception will stay in the top 10 for. Summer is over, and it's time to move forward.

10. Inception (Eleventh Weekend; $1.2 million; -37%)
9. Takers (Fifth Weekend; $1.7 million; -46%)
8. Alpha and Omega (Second Weekend; $4.7 million; 48%)
7. Resident Evil: Afterlife (Third Weekend; $4.9 million; -51%)
6. Devil (Second Weekend; $6.5 million; -47%)
5. You Again (First Weekend; $8.3 million)
4. Easy A (Second Weekend; $10.7 million; -40%)
3. The Town (Second Weekend; $16 million; -33%)
2. Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Gahoole (First Weekend; $16.3 million)
1. Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (First Weekend; $19 million)

1 comment:

  1. Well it's a very hostile economic environment, and I can't afford going out to see every movie that's out there. However, just for you "Anonymous", I'll check out one of this weekend's actual releases and get a review up by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete