Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Potter Watch (21 of 77): "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Theatrical Trailer


In a word, WOW! We just got a massive trailer for the epic first installment in the two-part conclusion to the biggest motion picture franchise of the past century. I apologize in advance if I can't quite gather my thoughts in a coherent manner, but this trailer definitely caught me off guard. This summer's teaser trailer certainly was a teaser, as it barely even touched on the magnificent footage of Part 1. This time around, we really get an idea of what's in store for us this fall, and anybody worried that Part 1 would skimp a bit on the action was sadly mistaken.

Before I get into what I loved, let me first talk about what I wasn't quite fond of, and that can be brought down to simply the editing of the trailer. Some of the shots were obviously rushed through, giving us little time to enjoy the scenery, and the spacial shifts where the characters faces, most especially Voldemort's, would be stretched a bit weren't too great. However, that's a problem with the trailer, and not with the film.

As for what I loved, pretty much everything! This trailer really delivered emotionally what the first one couldn't. The cinematography looks absolutely stunning, and it's pretty much a lock for a nomination. Voldemort looks a hell of a lot creepier in this trailer, mostly due to the brilliantly sickly lighting done in those scenes. We don't get a great look at the acting talent, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's great. The thing that really caps this trailer off for me is the bad-ass way they brought the logo about. This trailer has managed to earn this film at least two more months on my Oscar predictions for Best Picture. I am deeply looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment