Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sally Menke: 1953-2010


I have some unsettling and unfortunate news today, which only aides in cementing the day in an atmosphere of misfortune. Sally Menke, the woman responsible for editing each of Quentin Tarantino's films, has been recently found dead at the bottom of a ravine. She had reportedly gone hiking, and her car was parked nearby, locked with her dog still inside. The news caught me completely off guard, and hit me like no other death this year has. Sally Menke has been nominated for two Academy Awards for editing Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds, and it kills me that we won't be seeing any more of her brilliant work. Editing is half of what makes Quentin Tarantino's films so distinctive, and after this I have no idea where he'll go from here. For now, lets take a moment to remember this amazing artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment