Monday, September 27, 2010

One Year of 'High on Celluloid'!


This is really a celebration of a rather ordinary day in my life, as I didn't have much aspirations for this site a year ago. I wasn't worried about getting noticed. I didn't think a year from then there would actually be people who went to it on a daily basis. I wasn't a great writer, and if you head back there into the archives you'll see something very rough and not that endearing. Back then, I was struggling in putting up at least one post per week. Now I try for a minimum of at least three posts a day. Back then, I kept thinking of this as simply a blog. I try to refer to it as a site from here out, as it exceeds anything simple in my view.

I really want to thank everybody who has helped the site make it this far, and I look forward to the next four years which I will be pouring into this site. That is the minimum commitment I am willing to make to the site. My goal is to have people frequently commenting on the news and reviews I put up each day, but I can't do that on my own. I want to know what you think of the news that happens each day. I need to get your input so that I know if I'm going too far out on a limb with something. I want to know more than just what I believe. I'm not the solid foundation of what is good and what is bad.

I also need the people who read this site to spread the word to as many people as possible. If you're reading this and you haven't already, head on over to the Facebook page for the site which you'll find in the sidebar under Partner Sites. One day, I'd like other site owners like Kristopher Tapley (In Contention) and Alex Carlson (Film Misery) to take a look at my site for my opinions from time to time, just as I go to their sites for theirs. Perhaps in another year I'll hire another young writer to help out with the site and express their own creative viewpoint. For now, thanks for a terrific year, and I look forward to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment