Friday, May 21, 2010

On today of all days, MacGyver movie gets a writer!

It feels like they've been waiting until today to let this news out, but here it is. Jason Richman has been hired to write the script for a proposed film based on MacGyver, the action series that inspired the SNL-skit MacGruber. Keep in mind that Richman isn't the best person to take on the task of writing the film. He's responsible for Black Hawk Down, and more recently and relavently Rush Hour 3. That does cast doubt in my mind for this film, but at the very least it's happening.

I do admire Richard Dean Anderson's work on MacGyver, as well as on Stargate SG-1 until he left the cast. The show seemed to be pointless in watching without him there. So I'm hoping that he renews his role for this film, but I kind of hope that this isn't an Indy Jones 4 kind of deal. I don't want to meet MacGyver's son. I don't want him to have a family at all in fact. I want him to be on his own, doing absolutely nothing with his life, and then thrown into catastrophe. They have yet to announce a release date, but as soon as they do... I probably won't put up an individual post for it. It'll come out at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment