Sunday, May 23, 2010

Glee picked up for third season, and it's still on season 1

I'm not at all a fan of Fox, who even with this decision are a bunch of idiots. They do put on a lot of great shows like 24, and Fringe, but they handle decisions about those shows poorly. Take for example that they've recently cancelled 24, and kept Fringe on the thursday night time slot that's been killing the show all season. So even if this decision is kind of stupid, I'm extemely glad they're making it. Fox has renewed Glee for a third season, even when season 1 hasn't finished up yet.

On the one hand, Glee is one of the greatest shows on TV right now, and I could never stop watching it for something else. On the other hand, if I were a producer I'd want to see if a show succeeds in it's second season before locking it up for a third. I know I'm nitpicking on a decision that everybody, including myself is happy about, but I'm just speaking logically. The series could suffer from a crippling sophomore slump like Heroes, and never be able to recover. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment