Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iron Man 2 not as solid as expected?

I'm literally reporting on everything semi-significant happening in the world right now, and this news counts as that. After predictions on sunday posted that Iron Man 2 brought in $133.6 million, already far below expectations, it has turned out that the film brought in a good $5.5 million less than that. This brings into question just how well the film is playing to audiences. For even medium quality films I'd occasionally here a slight clapper of applause at the end credits. I heard no such reaction in either of the screenings I attended.

The most applause I heard was at the Inception, and Super 8 trailers, which were admittedly better than the actual film. I got the feeling that the audience wasn't quite embracing the film. There's a point where it's too grounded in reality, and yet too corny. The film wasn't bad, but it's not the type of film I'd ever want to see again. It doesn't merit a second viewing, which is something that's very important for a film to do. I guess we'll truly get a scope of the success of the film after this weekend when Robin Hood releases and takes much of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment