Thursday, May 6, 2010

J.J. Abrams Super 8 Taking M.I.4's Release Date?

A week ago it was reported that J.J. Abrams was working on a film with Steven Spielberg, based on an original script he wrote. This week we learned that the teaser trailer for the film has already been made, and will premiere during the previews before Iron Man 2. The title for the film has been announced as Super 8, which is reffering to the type of video camera. It's slated for release next summer, and I have a guess at when.

I've been wondering why it's taken so long for Mission Impossible 4 to get off the ground, and now I'm a little more calm, because they actually have time to make it now. The release has been pushed back to December 16th, 2011, just a month apart from the release of Twilight: Breaking Down. This leads me to believe that Abrams' new film will be releasing Mission Impossible's old spot, May 27, 2011. I wont become too excited for any of these films until I see trailers, but I won't have to wait too long for the Super 8 trailer.

Expect a special Trailer Talk for the trailers airing before Iron Man 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment