Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twylyt: E*clipz Review

Before I start, I should've realized how disappointing this experience was going to be when the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows did not appear during the previews. That could've made the whole experience tolerable, but I'm not going to play around with words. So let me just get right to the point: Twilight is complete and utter bullshit. It's a strong word, but it perfectly captures my feelings on this film series. If I am ever faced with seeing any film in that series again, I'm running as far as I can away. The latest movie is a continuation of the tedious storyline that nobody cares about and nobody can empathize with. After this movie, I want to see Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson die a horrible and painful death.

Lets get to the heart of the problem. Edward is a controlling, boring, and creepy douchebag who doesn't care about Bella's free will. He commands her to do everything, and is completely wasting her life. Then again, Bella deserves it. Despite Edward forbidding her from seeing her friends, she still loves him. There's no logic behind their love. Bella doesn't really care about anybody's feelings except her own. She's self-centered, and I found myself at several points in this movie, wanting her dead.

The only character I can feel any sort of emotion for is Jacob, who should really be the main character of the movie. He goes through exactly the same boring and annoying crap that the audience goes through during the entire movie. Jacob is the audience, and Twylite is Bella, and she's leading Jacob away from something better. Jacob deserves to be happy, and he doesn't ever get it. Everything he believes, I found myself believing. I don't care about the vampires. I don't care about Bella. I just wish there was a backdoor out of this series that he could go through.

And remember that little vampire girl who was featured in a featurette and got so little screen time in the actual movie. She can't act, but she was still one of the only characters whom I didn't want to see killed. And of course, by the end of the movie, the Cullens stand by as she is brutally murdered. They don't show the death scene, probably as they were looking for the PG-13 rating. It's such a strange match, as most of the dialogue in the movie evokes a poorly conceived drama on The CW. It's as if they were writing for a kids movie, but a kids movie in which people die.

Everything else that was wrong with the first two, is still wrong with this one. There's a lot more action in this installment, but I found myself not caring about anything they were fighting for. That's worse than not having any action at all, in my opinion. The cinematography is at its worst. The only good part about it is the music, specifically Jacob's theme. Howard Shore did a good job trying to make this seem meaningful. For that, I give the movie half a star. However, I would never see this movie again, and I don't respect anybody who wants to see this movie. Just don't go to see it. You'll be glad you didn't.

D-

No comments:

Post a Comment