Monday, June 14, 2010

The day the film industry stood still

Today was a truly sad day, because for the most part, nothing happened in the world of movies. No big deals were made. No new clips debuted. We got little to no reviews for any interesting movies. We didn't even get a small new image from Inception to gawk at. My day is fine as long as I get the smallest bit of interesting new information. Guillermo Del Toro's departure from The Hobbit may have been sad, but at least it was something big. Today, no such thing happened.

If you want something semi-interesting to think about, and lets keep this strictly under the rumor mill for the time being, David Yates (Harry Potter and the (Order of the Pheonix, Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows (Part 1, Part 2))) may be being considered for the directorial position for The Hobbit. It'd be an interesting decision, and I feel like he'd do a great job, but I don't feel he's the right guy for the job. Personally, I'm still holding out for Alfonso Cuaron who direct Prisoner of Azkaban. You know, the amazing director who hasn't directed a film for the past five years.

Still, that's not really news, because it doesn't sound real. Anyway, just to tide you over until tomorrow, I posted a few banners from Inception that you may not have seen by now. I hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment