Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thoughts on a Travesty: The Twilight Saga

I know that I'm not the only one to believe this, because the Twilight Saga is the worst film adaptation of a fantasy series in history. Lets get past the fact that the books are boring and predictable to begin with. The fault in the movies is the poor casting of people who can't act, their commitment and dedication to the books, and their lack of skill in any shape. I hate that there are actually people out there who love the Twilight series, but hate the Harry Potter series.

I'm in a fragile time in my life when the Potter gang gave me more enjoyment in 2.5 minutes, than Twilight has in four (soon to be six) hours, and if anybody dares say anything against the Potter series, they will be killed. Where Twilight fails is that it never kills off any of its good characters. That's why we can never give fully invest in the movie (besides the hammy and annoyingly predictable characters). We never feel like there is, or has ever been any credible threat.

This has me asking myself, "Why the hell am I going to see the third film at midnight?" So I can get the film out of the way as soon as possible. Then I can go back to my vastly more interesting and engaging life. It allows me to get my review for the film finished quickly. Most of all, I'd like to have the chance to speak out loud in a theatre with a ton of people in it, and not feel at all guilty about bashing the film in public. I hope to emulate the Hecklers from The Muppet Show. And so, off I go into Twylite: E*Klipz.

No comments:

Post a Comment