Thursday, June 3, 2010

Featurette Thursday!

There were simply too many featurettes today to break this up into three seperate posts, so here we go with featurettes of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Twilight: Eclipse, and Inception. Starting with Apprentice, I still don't care about this movie. I'm as attracted to a movie about magical beings fighting over the fate of the world, but only if there's a sense of humanity to it. Nicholas Cage's film is lacking that, as I don't really care about any of these characters. We get the idea that there's good and evil, and good needs to prevail, but we already know it will. There's really no point for this film, and claiming the title of the praised short musical film with Mickey Mouse in it is just not right.

Then going on to Twilight, I'm no fan of the series. I don't care about the love triangle between Edward, Bella, and Jacob at all. However, Eclipse is starting to look like something more than usual. The featurette focuses on a new character, a young girl named Bree who is turned into a vampire and forced to join the side of evil. She doesn't want to be evil, but she has to be. It's cheesy, and it's supposed be sad. I'd like to see how the filmmakers make logical sense out of that, but I don't think they will. Still, this small storyline captures me far more than the romantic, yet unbelievable main plot of the series. Does that mean I care about the movie? No. It means it's less likely to be funny. There goes my reason to see it.

Finally, Inception! Are we really at the point where every small clip from this movie needs to be scanned and interpretted as it's a work of complete masterpiece? Yes, because right now, there is no reason to believe Inception will be a bad movie. We're talking about Christopher Nolan, the ultimate master of complex drama (Memento), and compelling action (The Dark Knight), bringing both of those aspects to the table for a film he's been working on for well over a decade. I have no idea what I'm in for when I go out to see the film at the midnight showing, but it will likely be more than I'm expecting.

Inception featurette
The Sorceror's Aprentice featurette
Twilite Featurette

No comments:

Post a Comment