Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eclipse makes a new record, but can't beat New Moon.

Yesterday will forever live in infamy as the day Twilight ruined my life. I can not even begin to describe how much I hate that film franchise. If I ever see Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, or Stephanie Meyer in person, I'll have to restrain myself from strangling them. That's how painful an experience that movie was. What makes it even more unbearable is the fact the despite it not being good in any way, the film still broke box office records. It took in about $30 million at the midnight release, breaking the record New Moon made about seven months ago.

Fortunately, the film came just short of breaking New Moon's opening day record of over $70 million. Instead, the sequel took in about $68 million, including that of the midnight showing. I'm going to make a solemn prayer right now that the movie never makes it to $300 million. It's not because I don't want the film to succeed, although it's true that I don't want the film to succeed. It's because I'd feel sorry for each of those people who wasted two hours of their lives and $10 of their money on a movie that made them want to go home and puke. I'll be back later with my review of The Last Airbender. I'm still not fully sure why I still go to see bad movies after this experience. Maybe it's so I can warn others to avoid the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment