Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CN9: The Wachowski's new stretch?


The two people who brought us The Matrix, and then proceeded to murder it across two more films, and then went on to do the underrated Speed Racer adaptation are at it again. I may be alone here, but i truly loved Speed Racer, and saw it as pure candy-colored insanity driven fun stretched across two hours with a constantly present Michael Giacchino soundtrack. Now the Wachowski siblings are working on an Iraq war drama about true love. We're not so much in Dear John territory as we are Brokeback Mountain.

That's right. A gay love story between a U.S. soldier and an Iraqi, flashing between the future and the past. When I hear the synopsis for that story, two things come to mind. The first is, I really love that story. When I think of it, I just can't help but smile. The Wachowskis may not be cinematic artists, but they know how to pitch a movie. The second thing that comes to my mind: What the hell were they thinking, and how are they going to pull it off without coming off as racist basterds? I don't know, but if anybody has any idea what the hell the title CN9 means, please let me know. I want to live your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment