Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Paranormal Activity 2, Let Me In, Tales from Earthsea

We've got quite a few teaser trailers released this week, so lets get straight to it with the trailer for Paranormal Activity 2. Personally, I had a much less powerful experience with the first film than most people did. There was quite a bit of the horror that didn't quite register with me, but I still felt uneasy throughout the entire film, and it managed a few shocks out of me. Seeing this trailer in the theatre brought back all that uneasiness. There's a good amount of terror brought to an unimaginable threat being inflicted upon a baby and a dog. I don't know what the focus of this film will be, but I like this creepy teaser.

Next is the teaser for Let Me In, Matt Reeves' remake of Let the Right One In. I haven't seen the rapturously praised original vampire film, but I got a much better quality from that trailer than I do from this trailer. I don't really trust Matt Reeves much as a director. Anybody could've done what he did with Cloverfield. That doesn't make him a great filmmaker. I don't know why they need to make an American remake. I don't see people making remakes of Hayao Miyazaki's work in America. I'm not yet too excited about this movie, and I don't see that changing soon.

Speaking of Miyazaki, we also got a teaser trailer for Goro Miyazaki's (his son) first film, Tales from Earthsea. There was a bit of a father son conflict during production of this film. Hayao wasn't sure if his son was ready to direct a film on his own. I can't really tell much from this trailer, but Studio Ghibli still has the same beautiful imagery it has always had. I'm not sure if it will have the same beauty in its story, but this is a fine teaser, and has at the very least peaked my interest.

Paranormal Activity 2 trailer
Let Me In trailer
Tales from Earthsea trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment