Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Inception Reviews: Avoid them!!!!

I do enjoy reading reviews for films a few weeks before their release, but I find myself warning people not to read reviews of Inception. For one thing, critics have never been too reliable when writing review of Christopher Nolan films. I remember two years ago when some reviews of The Dark Knight let slip the major plot point that a certain character has a certain thing happen to them. Two years later, and I still feel uncomfortable spoiling anything in that movie. Inception feels very much the same, and having read quite a few reviews, I feel I have been tarnished.

I learned a little bit more than I wanted to know about the film, simply because the critics were eager to praise it. There's still so much I don't know, but that's the way I want it. I want to go into the film knowing as little as possible. I'm going to spend the next week or so purging my system of that knowledge. It gets me extremely excited to see the film, but the problem is how much I want to see the film. If I raise expectations too high then I risk spoiling the film for myself. I encourage people not to read reviews of the film until after you've seen it. I know you may want to know more, but just wait, and your patience will be rewarded!

No comments:

Post a Comment