Friday, July 2, 2010

Andrew Garfield OFFICIALLY cast as Spiderman!

After about 6 months of false casting reports, the titular role of Marc Webb's Spiderman reboot has gone to Andrew Garfield. I've been against this project from the start, and all the faux news that the role had gone to Logan Lerrman (Percy Jackson) or Josh Hutcherson (The Kids are All Right) solidified my doubts in the venture. This news has me feeling that they might have some idea of what they are doing. I don't know exactly how they'll pull it off, seeing as the film is practically the same as the first one, but this puts me at ease quite a bit.

A few days ago, I finally got the chance to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and even though I was pretty busy marvelling at Heath Ledger's last (albeit short) performance, I thought Garfield did a pretty good job in his role as well. He's not an extremely young actor, but he has talent enough not to seem like an a-hole onscreen. I'll have to wait to see if he can pull off a compelling performance with an american accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment