Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekend Update: 4th Week of July

Last week was nice and all, but I feel like we've been waiting all Summer for something really special. This weekend, we are awarded for our patience in the form of Ramona and Beezus. If you ask me what this film is about, I wouldn't be able to tell you, because in all honesty I don't care. I can see the film receiving about 10 millions this weekend, and maybe even less. The other film dawning this weekend is Salt, starring Angelina Jolie. From the trailers I got the impression that I wouldn't want to see this movie ever, and by now, I find my suspicions confirmed.

Now, I can see this film doing decently with about 30 million, but nowhere near the opening numbers of Despicable Me, or that other film. The other film I'm referring to is Inception, which will probably take a considerable 38% drop, and end up with around $37 million. As for Sorcerer's Apprentice, I see it taking an even bigger drop to $6.5 million. An anomaly that happened to Predators last week. And Toy Story 3 should do slightly better with $7.3 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment