Monday, July 12, 2010

Ed Norton kicked out of 'The Avengers'!

This news has been going on and progressing all weekend, but I think we've gotten to the best point in time to address it, because now we have all the facts. Edward Norton is going to be replaced as The Hulk in the film adaptation of The Avengers. Fans following the project will remember that Norton had expressed enthusiasm in being about to work with director Joss Whedon, so this comes as quite a shock. Norton turn in a great performance as Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk, and was one of the best things about the film.

Apparently, Kevin Feige stated that he expressed "discomfort" with the actor during production of the reboot. It's true that Edward Norton was lobbying for a longer version of The Incredible Hulk which, judging from the large amount of deleted footage, would've likely worked better than the version that hit theatres. The film was good, but it would've been better with some of those cut scenes. I've never seen so many great scenes cut from a movie in my life. So in some ways, Marvel has cut out a weed in their garden, but in other ways, they butchered a unique breed.

So now the question is, who will take up the pivotal role? I mean, The Hulk has pretty much been the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher of the Marvel universe. Always changing with each incarnation. With Eric Bana and Ed Norton gone, who to turn to now? Personally, I'm out of ideas. I really don't know who to go with. I'll just throw out some names. Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Tom Hardy? Some other supporting actor in the movie Inception? Woody from Toy Story? Help me out here! I'm officially dead out of ideas!

1 comment: