Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Robert De Niro To Recieve Cecil B. DeMille Award!

I have a very unhealthy relationship with the Golden Globes. While I like that they have a tendency to award the more mainstream films, I hate that they don't instead award better films. I think Robert Downey Jr. is great in Sherlock Holmes, but I don't think that any one can contest with the fact that Joseph Gordon Levitt should've won last year for (500) Days of Summer. Still, their choices for who to award the Cecil B. DeMille Award are nearly always deserving, but I sometimes worry that they are running out of old people. For the record, Morgan Freeman still has yet to receive the honor, but his time will come. For now, the honor belongs to one Robert De Niro, star of such films as The Godfather: Part II, Ranging Bull, and Machete. Alright, his work recently hasn't really been up to the epic quality of his past, but he's still got something left in him. I think he just needs to reteam with a legendary director and a great script, and he could surely reenter the arena. In any case, he's deserving of the award.


No comments:

Post a Comment