Friday, November 12, 2010

Dual Teaser Trailers: Battle: Los Angeles

Earlier today, we got a phenomenal teaser trailer for the alien invasion flick Battle: Los Angeles, and I was absolutely abuzz. I realize at this point that the film is probably going to complete crap. There is little denying it, as it's a close replica of Skyline, only with a slightly different approach. What freed my mind was that second teaser trailer was released simultaneously, though it was radically different in approach. It brought through what will likely be the actual tone of the film when it is released. It's a bit sad for me, because the first trailer almost fooled me into believing it to be a fusion of Avatar and The Hurt Locker. That would've been fantastic, because it would've been the best of both worlds. While the illusion is broken, I still absolutely adore the original trailer. For a moment, I was inspired, before being brought back down to earth. I have both trailers embedded for you, so that you may have a similar experience. Comment below on what you thought.

Original (Good) Trailer:



Second (Poorly Realized) Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment