Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Theatrical Trailer: Green Lantern

I hate it when a trailer like this comes along and almost fools me into loving it. Footage for Green Lantern hit the net a few days before this trailer, and I absolutely hated it almost entirely. It looked like they spliced some Ryan Reynolds comedy into our superhero film. This trailer does a good job of clearing some of that off, and it almost got me to believe in the facade they were fashioning. It ultimately didn't work, because of a few cheesy lines, some obvious and corny CGI, and that guy with the head. I like the logos, and the effects used for the tagline had me remembering the old days of film trailers. However, for the most part, I know what this film will turn out to be, which is probably some half-assed attempt at what Spider-Man had. Take a look and judge for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment