Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The (Thanksgiving) Weekend Report: Amongst the Drivel

Now that we're on to the long weekend, it doesn't come as much of a surprise that there are a few throwaway films scattered amongst the films that will be remembered at the end of the year. The weekend will mostly be dominated by last weekend's monumental success, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, but each film has its time to be appreciated. While it's likely that I'll revisit the penultimate fantasy feature sometime soon, the film to see this weekend is without a doubt Tangled, the new Disney animated film. I've already left my own impression on the film, but it should do well amongst the family circuit this weekend, and then across the following weeks when word of mouth leaves a positive impression.

As for the previously mentioned drivel, it's headed by the cunningly disguised Love and Other Drugs, whose trailer was more than intriguing, but reviews have been something of a let down. So don't expect a review this weekend, because it's something I'd rather wait for the DVD release to see. Burlesque is out this weekend, and if I haven't ripped on it before, then it's about time. It really looks like one of the least appealing films of the year, and it kills me because I like Stanley Tucci. He's an amazing comedic actor and an under-appreciated one at that. Wrapping everything up is Faster, starring Dwayne Johnson. It's a typical action film, and that's about it. Nothing more or less.

Anyway, I'll be taking a break for the next two days, meaning we'll be back on Saturday, and until then, you'll just have to make it on your own steam. I'm definitely thankful for everyone who comes to visit this site, to everyone who does their best to promote this site to others (most recently Mugglenet), and to everyone who works yearlong to put together films for me to praise, or even films for me to take to pieces on the basis that they're unbelievably awful. I'm thankful for all of you, and I wish you a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment