Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Theatrical Trailer: Green Lantern

Green Lantern is really shaping up to be the ultimate superhero failure of this summer. I hate how much benign optimism is out there for this film, because there are somehow people who think it looks cool. I've never seen a dumber enterprise in my life, and I was an inch away from putting this film on my Dread Locks poll for the month of June. On the other hand, if I did that then I would most certainly have to see this movie, and I don't want to. Take a look at the trailer below.


5 comments:

  1. DC and Marvel comics don't translate into film the same way. I've always found DC to be less "reality"-based than Marvel.

    Green Lantern is a comic series that is basically the ultimate in teen wish fulfillment; a story where the hero gets that power for the purpose of performing acts of altruism, rather than selfishness.

    Don't judge a book by its cover, or a movie by its poster, or trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, because the trailers for "Something Borrowed", "Jumping the Broom", and "Priest" were all horrible and repulsive, but we know they're going to go ahead to win Oscars. That's ignorant optimism and it's something that doesn't have a place in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie, this movie definitely will not be among the greatest of 2011, but I'm actually curious in checking it out. And at least the visuals don't look as goofy as they did back in November.

    As for dumber enterprise, really you think this looks dumber than Priest though, which will indubitably be a bigger failure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well "Priest" is obviously going to be a gigantic failure, but "Green Lantern" is leaning in that same direction. It evokes "Fantastic Four" more than anything to me. Any sense of hope or optimism seems ridiculous to me at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm not having hope for it but it is possible that it'll end up being good, in your Thor review you acknowledge how earlier people thought it would be terrible but look how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete