Monday, January 3, 2011

Oscar 2010: Hailee Steinfeld For Lead or Supporting?

With the face of a star on the Disney Channel, but the talent of an award winner, young Hailee Steinfeld is the talk of the internet right now. Ever since the very first time I saw my top film of the year, True Grit, I certain that Hailee Steinfeld should be considered more in the Best Actress category than for Supporting Actress. The recent news that Academy members could be going their own way and voting her as a lead actress should be all my dreams come true, but somehow it isn't. The fact of the matter is, even though she deserves to be considered the lead performance of the film, she has been winning several of the critics awards recently in the Supporting Actress race. As a matter of fact, there's a very certain chance that she might actually win if she goes in that category.

So now we're faced with an epic dilemma, and it brings into question what we want most. I've made it clear that I'm completely on the fence, one side wishing her performance would be appreciated by describing it as what it is, and the other side just so badly wanting her to win. Either one has it's advantages and disadvantages, but I think the one that would be more beneficial to Steinfeld's career would be Supporting Actress, as she is my current favorite. But what does the lady protest? Well, she claims that she's fine with where she is, saying the film was an ensemble effort. I'm not going to argue with her there, but it's ultimately up to the Academy where she falls.

3 comments:

  1. If she was under supporting actress then she'd win, but geez I though that she gave the performance of the year, she should at least be recognized for lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. Oscars live coverage online free

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly appreciate the blog you have posted. Really looking forward to this kind of words

    ReplyDelete